Are you having trouble finding the best electric shavers for back hair? There was a period when you could barely find one, but now there are lots available from online retailers.
The ever-increasing number, however, has made it quite challenging to find one that’s effective and comfortable to use.
Perhaps you’re not too familiar with back shavers and don’t know where to start. If that’s the case then this guide is for you as we have here two of the best back shavers you can buy.
Best Overall: Mangroomer Do-It-Yourself Electric Back Hair Shaver
The Mangroomer is, as the name indicates, a do it yourself back shaver. If you’ve used other back shavers before, you’ll notice the difference in terms of its ability to remove hair.
The Mangroomer is best noted for its 1.5 blades, but in addition, it’s been constructed so back shaving is easier.
- The Mangroomer can be folded out to 135 degrees for extensive coverage. This reach is something that other back shavers cannot provide. For many, this is one of the most critical features on a back hair shaver, and for coverage, the Mangroomer is hard to match.
- The design makes it easy to reach your lower back and other hairy areas. In addition to this, the shaver uses cutting edge technology to produce smooth and clear results.
- You can adjust the Mangroomer to remove hair in the middle back area. This has always been one of the hardest areas to shave hair from, so it’s no surprise this is one of the more popular features on the Mangroomer.
- The convenient design makes it easy to shave your back regularly. If your body hair grows quickly or you just want to maintain a consistent look, you can keep using the Mangroomer as often as you like. Its ergonomic design means your hands won’t get weary.
- The Mangroomer works with men of different sizes and shapes. Even when you use it at different angles, the result is still the same and you can reach the extremities with ease. This is one of the advantages of this shaver as you don’t have to be of a specific height or weight to use it.
- The Mangroomer is flexible and lightweight so it’s easy to cut hair. Part of a good ergonomic design is the weight. If you have to cut back hair, the groomer must be light enough for you to use without feeling weary.
- The sleek design also makes it convenient to fold and store. When you need the Mangroomer it is just as easy to fold out. What is the point of using a back shaver if it’s unwieldy? That is one of the reasons why the Mangroomer has gotten a lot of good feedback.
- The blades are wider than those on other back shavers. This allows you to use the Mangroomer for close shaving without the worry of ingrown hairs. The 1.5-inch blade is what makes back shaving straightforward.
- The handle is adjustable and can be extended to remove hard to reach hair.
- The long handle makes it convenient to use
- Removes back hair well
- Ideal for shaving sensitive areas of the body
- Safe to use for people with sensitive skin
- Built to last
- The materials feel light
- Cannot do close shaves as well as a foil razor
Who is it Best For?
The Mangroomer is for any male who really wants to get rid of excess back hair.
This is also ideal if you’ve got sensitive skin and other back shavers that cause skin irritation or discomfort. Its patented design also makes it an appropriate option for first-time users.
The Mangroomer is a major improvement over the previous version, in particular the handle and its ability to remove back hair.
With superior features and now even more convenient to use, we have no reservations and say this is a good buy if you need a dependable back shaver.
Most Comfortable: Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 3100
The Bodygroom 3100 product description says it will allow you to shave and trim in comfort.
While every back shaver does make that claim, the Bodygroom 3100 is able to back it up with some interesting features. Let’s examine them one by one and what they can do.
- The shaver attachment is designed to make it easy to trim and cut hair in the lower and middle back. Now you don’t have to stretch yourself out in an effort to reach those areas as the Bodygroom does it for you.
- The trimming combs are rounded so it glides smoothly on your skin. The trimming combs also trim thick back hair.
- The unique shave head design captures short and long hairs in one stroke, at the same time prevents cuts and nicks from occurring. Each comb is of a different size so it can catch different types of hair.
- The blades don’t need any maintenance and there is no need to do any sharpening. What this means is each time you use it the shave or trim is accurate and sharp.
- You can use the Bodygroom 3100 in dry or wet conditions, and cleaning is as easy as rinsing the device under running water. The device is 100% waterproof.
- A full battery charge takes 8 hours and provides up to 50 minutes of continuous running time.
- You get a 2-year warranty and a 45 day money-back guarantee. 45 days is long enough to determine if this product is good for you or not. If for some reason you’re not satisfied, just send it back and you get a refund.
- There are replacement shave heads available. For best results, you should replace the heads every 12 months, though it may last longer depending on how you use it.
- The package includes a cleaning brush, 3 trimming cords, a back attachment, power cord and the body groomer. With these, you don’t need to buy anything else for a complete back shaving.
- The groomer design makes it easy to cut different types of hair. The Bodygroom also lets you decide whether to remove all the hair or leave some behind.
- The foil shaver is hypoallergenic so you don’t have to worry about getting an allergy. The grooming is smooth and it is also safe to use on your legs, groin area and shoulders.
- Makes shaving back hair easy
- Works well even on thick hair
- Can be used to shave the hair in sensitive areas
- Shaves well dry or wet
- The power button is a little too sensitive
- One customer said the shaver makes a squeaking sound
Who is it Best For?
The Bodygroom 3100 is best for men with sensitive skin. While the shaver removes back hair thoroughly, it is sensitive enough for those with gentle skin.
This also makes the Bodygroom 3100 the perfect choice if you’re looking for a trimmed or completely smooth hair.
The Bodygroom 3100 is one of the more popular back shavers today, and we have to agree with customers who say that it’s very effective.
The back handle makes hair removal quick and it doesn’t leave any scratches or marks. Competition among back shavers is stiff, but the Bodygroom 3100 gets our nod for simplicity and efficiency.
The idea of shaving the hair on your back may seem strange, but today’s back shavers are very capable of removing unwanted hair.
Even if you don’t have a lot of experience buying this stuff, hopefully, our reviews of these two products have demonstrated their capabilities and benefits.