Nowadays it is very important to always keep yourself looking neat and trim. One aspect of that is keeping your ear, nose, and eyebrow are in shape.
For those important areas, you need to have the good nose hair trimmer possible, but what exactly constitutes a good nose hair trimmer?
To answer that, we have put together this resource, a one-stop-shop to help you find the best nose hair trimmer. (This guide is not for a beard trimmer, find it here)
Qualities of a Good Nose Hair Trimmer
The best nose hair trimmers are simple devices. They have very few parts to worry about. The blades will need to be stainless or chromium steel so that they remain sharp and free of corrosion.
You will want a motor that is powerful enough to cut your hair instead of pulling it out. You will also want to be able to clean the unit underwater instead of relying on a brush.
Sounds very basic, but very few models offer all of these qualities. Read on to find five that do.
Reviews of the 5 Best Nose Hair Trimmers
Panasonic is a well-known brand and offers high-quality products regardless of price or use. The model ER430K ear, nose, and facial hair trimmer is no different.
Here are a few of the pros of this model and a quick rundown of how well it works.
- Blade: the ER430K features a single hypoallergenic stainless steel blade that is placed at a 60 degree angle to reduce pulling. The blade head can be rinsed under water for optimal cleanup.
- Cleanliness: one of the most annoying aspects of any trimmer is cleaning up the stray hairs afterward. The ER430K eliminates that issue with its advanced vacuum system. Hairs are simply whisked away as they are removed.
- Wet/Dry use: being tied to the mirror above the sink adds time to your daily routine and makes clean up a tad more annoying. The wet/dry capability of this model allows you to step into the shower and address of all of your personal care needs at once.
The ER430K is one of the best nose hair trimmers available. The vacuum system makes it easy to clean.
The motor is more than up to the task, but it does not have an attachment for eyebrow trimming, somewhat limiting its usefulness.
2. Most Versatile: Philips Norelco NT9130/40 NoseTrimmer 5100
Philips Norelco may be the most recognized name in the electric shaving industry. Let’s have a look at a few of the highlights of the NT9130/40 and how it performs.
- Blade: the NT9030/40 features a single chromium steel blade that is strategically angled to reduce pulling. The two trimmer heads can be rinsed under water for easy clean up.
- Dual Heads: the heads can be quickly removed so that you can switch from nose and ear trimming to clean up your eyebrows or sideburns.
- AA battery: this unit is powered by a single AA battery. If you travel outside of North America, you can appreciate not having to find an adapter.
The 5100 may be a great for you because of its versatility. The dual heads and included guards allow it to be used to trim ear, nose, sideburn, and neck hair. On the downside, while the heads can be rinsed under water, the unit is not recommended for use in the shower.
3. Most Durable: Panasonic ER-GN30-K Nose, Ear and Facial Hair Trimmer Wet/Dry with Vortex Cleaning System
The ER-GN30-K is another great product from Panasonic. Here are some of its highlights and how it works in every day use.
- Blade: the ER-GN30-K uses stainless steel blades that will remain sharp and corrosion-free for years. The dual-edged blade ensures consistent cutting from both sides and the top of the trimmer for a quicker, more efficient trimming experience.
- Cleanliness: the Vortex cleaning system pulls water in from the side of the trimmer, spins it through the entire trimming head, then shoots it out the top for maximum cleaning.
- Wet/Dry use: the ability to use a trimmer either wet or dry is essential to an efficient morning routine.
The Panasonic ER-GN30-K is the best nose hair trimmer for travel use. It neatly trims nose and ear hair without pulling. You can expect to get 90 minutes of use from a single AA battery. Additionally, this is a very affordable unit.
4. For Professionals: Groom Mate Platinum XL Nose & Ear Hair Trimmer
Groom Mate is the premier name in battery-free trimmers. Here are a few of the pros of this unit as well as a rundown of how well it works.
- Blade: the blade and body of this unit are completely made of stainless steel.
- Battery-free: this unit is hand operated. You never have to worry about buying another battery for your nose hair trimmer.
- American made: all patents and manufacturing is fully American owned and operated.
The Groom Mate Platinum XL Nose & Ear Hair Trimmer cuts well but can be difficult to use at first. It takes some time to acquire the coordination to insert the trimmer then twist the bottom to operate it.
5. Best Battery: Toilet Tree Professional Water Resistant Heavy Duty Steel Nose Trimmer With LED Light
Toilet Tree is not as well known as some of the other brands on this list, but it should be. Here are a few of the highlights of this unit and how well it works.
- Blade: this unit features stainless steel blades for long term sharpness.
- Cleanliness: the cutting surface and the body can be rinsed under water for maximum cleanliness.
- Wet/Dry: this product is intended to be used in or out of the shower.
- LED light: the bright LED light helps you track down those hard to see hairs you might otherwise miss.
The Toilet Tree Professional cuts well and is sturdily constructed from stainless steel. You can expect up to 90 minutes of use from a single battery and the unit features a life-time replacement warranty, perhaps making it the best nose hair trimmer, especially considering that it is priced under $20.